Consequent upon the approval of Senate for the resumption of activities in the University, lectures would commence on Monday, January 25, 2021, as outlined in the approved academic calendar for the 2019/2020 Academic Session with the following guidelines, as released by the Registrar, Dr. ‘Bola Adekola:
· Final year students in all the Colleges, 400-level students of Agriculture-based courses as well as 200 to 500-level students of the College of Veterinary Medicine are expected to resume lectures physically on January 25, 2021.
· Farm Practical Year programme for 400-level Agriculture students would be held in the University farms on campus for the 2019/2020 session.
· All other students (100 to 300 levels) of all Colleges are to attend their classes virtually for the 2019/2020 session.
· Adequate information on the conduct of practical classes, continuous assessments and examinations would be provided at the appropriate time during each semester.
· Hostel accommodation would be made available only to the category of students required to attend physical lectures, as stated above. This would be allotted online through competitive bidding process.
· All students allowed on campus should comply strictly with all Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) protocols. To ensure this, the University Management has put in place, a COVID-19 Protocols Compliance Committee to enforce the rules in Colleges and University hostels.
· All students are advised to follow the available instructions on the University portals to complete their registration processes, including course registration, within the window period provided for the exercise.
· All the above arrangements are subject to periodic review as situation demands in the University and in the country generally.
· All parents and guardians are advised to note the above information. They are also enjoined to provide the necessary support to enable their children and wards benefit maximally from the arrangements put in place by the University for the 2019/2020 Academic Session.